We are going to Mauritius for our honeymoon and wanted to know what are the things to do. It will help us in planning our holiday.
There are many attractions/ activities in Mauritius. Depending on your interest, time and budget; you can shortlist what you want to do. Here is a rough guide:
Attractions in Mauritius area-wise:
- North: Water sports, beaches
- West: Flic en Flac beach, Dolphin watching
- South: Crocodile park (also called La Vanille nature park), Seven colored earth, Curious corner of Chamarel, view from the cliffs.
- East: Ile Aux cerfs (island tour), glass bottom boat tour
- Central Mauritius: Ganga Talao (can skip unless too religious), Botanical Garden (can skip), Casela World of Adventures (wild animal petting, quad biking, segway etc)
- SCUBA: Rs.4500/ person (Avoid DIVE dream diving center at Trou Aux biches)
- Water scooter and submarine: check http://www.blue-safari.com/prices/
- Casela world of adventures : check https://booking.caselapark.com/
- Crocodile park: 425 MUR/ person
- Curious Corner: 275 MUR/ person (http://www.curiouscornerofchamarel.com/)
- Seven colored earth + waterfall: 200 MUR/ person
- Swim with dolphins + lunch at Benetier island: 1200 MUR / person
Good to do activities:
- Sea Walking (north near Grand Baie ~ 2500 INR/person): Easier than SCUBA, wear a helmet with oxygen being pumped in. Cons: walk inside a net and call fishes by feeding them. No freedom to move and watch fishes.
- Drive to Trou Aux Cerf (when going to south)
- Ganga Talao
- Ile Aux Cerf (some consider this as must-do; its too crowded and commercialized though)
- Glass bottom boat (if you are going towards east for Ile de Cerf) : 500 MUR/adult
Hope this helps!